Thursday, March 13, 2014

Westward Rides Again!

Hello Westward fans!

Tomorrow (Friday, March 14) our favorite Bell-owned wooden Transpac racer* starts the San Diego to Puerto Vallarta race. Sam, Willie, and Graham will be joined by Tracey Conn, Rob Clanton, Steve Dair, and Ric Sanders for this international adventure. The other Transpac crew had to sit this one out. Mara (who just celebrated her 30th birthday) is at home in Japan. Jon is practicing saying no, a skill that he'll need when he becomes a dad in July! I (Alli) am being a responsible adult -- and admittedly regretting it a bit.

Since  Transpac, Westward has had a bit of work, including a rebuilt engine and some sail repair. I hear there are some good stories to tell as a result of her having no engine for a while. Ask some of the Bell Brothers about those. Reports from the West Coast are that she is raring and ready to go!

Westward made the trip to San Diego Yacht Club about a week ago. Here she is in her SDYC slip--as an SDYC member, I might be biased, but I think she looks extra-beautiful on these docks.



You can follow race action here: http://sdyc.org/pv/

I will try to do some posting on this site for those of you who prefer my witty narrative. Since I'm not on the boat, I'll be extra creative.

Fair winds and following seas!

*I had to include so much specificity because the Bells collectively own at least THREE wood boats. Four, if you count the one I made freshman year of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment